Let us bring on the season with summer re-stocks. We added new patterns to our perfectly suitable work-from-home babouche slides, our classic men's and women's kilim sneakers, and our latest drop of mud cloth loafers and mud cloth sneakers. To help with your home decor ideas, welcome the warmth with our inviting and insanely colorful Moroccan boucherouite rugs and repurposed kilim coaster sets.
In addition to the summer re-stocks, we have some exciting news to share! We extended our retail footprint to include a second retail store on Nantucket. In early July, our new boutique opened its doors at 3 India St. — the store largely features one-of-a-kind Moroccan resort style bags, kaftans, and our men's and women's Madras collections, all designed by hand in our atelier in Marrakech. Res Ipsa 4 S. Water St. and 3 India St. stores are open daily 11am-6pm.
Finally, during our June and July trip in Nantucket, we explored the sand dune landscapes, biked the 35+ miles of bike paths, and shared in many amazing meals together at our favorite local restaurants. As a fun thing, we created a short-list of the things we enjoy most about Nantucket. We wish all a cool, fun summer and safe travels.
Nantucket Restaurants, Cafes and Bookstores
1. Black-Eyed Susan's - If you're lucky enough to score a table here (this is one of the most difficult restaurants on Nantucket to find a reservation), be prepared to fall in love with the menu, the owner, the chef, and all the staff. One of our favorite places, Black-Eyed Susan's serves excellent food and a very welcoming atmosphere for delightful conversation. (IG - BLACKEYEDSUSANSACK)
3. Handlebar Cafe - Owned by dear friends of ours, Jason and Courtney's bike-themed coffee shop and community spot has delicious iced coffee and hot teas! Not to mention its secret garden for a quiet work station, the Handlebar Cafe is centrally located downtown and serves us the fuel, energy, and love we desire every morning. (IG - ACKCOFFEE)
5. Cru Nantucket - Probably known has the most scenic spot in town for a dinner with an exquisite view of the harbor and yacht scene, we enjoy the crispy calamari, herb frites x2 and warm Lobster rolls. (IG - CRUNANTUCKET)
8. Stubby's - Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner...especially when the portions some restaurants do NOT fill us. We enjoy the Jamaican patty's, cheese steak, and egg sandwiches. (IG - STUBBYS.NANTUCKET)
9. Nantucket Pharmacy - Now home to the best ice cream selection on island, Island Kitchen moved ALL of their special flavors to the Pharmacy at the top of Main Street. Why would we ever stand in line again at Juice Bar again?
10. The Gaslight - Sandwiched between our two Nantucket stores, the Gaslight is a great place for tasty, shared plates and delicious cocktails. You have to show up to enjoy the in-house menu! (IG - GASLIGHTNANTUCKET)
11. BONUS SPOT: Wheels of Delight - Rent an electric bike powered on-site by a 8,500 Watt solar electric array, installed atop of the recycled cedar pergola for the day or for 24 hours. On top the environmental benefits over renting a car or scooter, electric biking offers a novel opportunity for many to spend time outside while still covering the length of island end-to-end (15 miles long, 3-6 miles across).